Educated Beyond Her Intelligence
THE COMMENTS WHORE HERSELF:
28 (Hence the quarter life crisis)
Married, to d.h.
Finishing Master's = Always Stressed
Studying my ass off. Homework? 24 hours a day 7 days a week, I can guarantee it.
Thinking too much. I am the only person I know that spends more time overanalyzing than I do breathing.
Trying to stop myself from strangling one of my students. Think I'm horrible? YOU DEAL WITH THEM.
And why the hell not?:
1. I feel completely computer illiterate.
2. I am a girl. I will call myself a woman when I have given birth.
3. Of all the places I have lived, Hong Kong was my favorite. Saipan came a close second.
4. I classify myself as a dog person, but haven't actually had one since I was about 14, and lived with my parents.
5. I went to college when I was 16, which was a cause of years of psychotherapy for me. I'm over it now.
6. I like to eat soup. Soup for breakfast, soup for dinner, and soup for lunch. I migrate between Campbell's and Lipton's. Sometimes I throw in a little Progresso just for giggles.
7. It took me seven years to get through college. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for the longest time, and then just finally wanted to get out. Nothing like the thoughts of a diploma to light a fire under your butt.
8. Sometimes I like to be the life of the party. Sometimes I don't.
9. Usually I try to find all kinds of things in common with people, but living on the military base seems to just have sucked that right out of me.
10. I have lost four men that I loved in my life. Three to horrible deaths, and one was my grandfather. I still think of them often.
11. I did a little dance when I heard that my boyfriend from college's twin had twins himself! HA! Just the type of revenge I've been waiting for. Kids are a handful, y'all, especially twofers!
12. I shouted to Harry Connick Jr. that I wanted to have his children when his float rolled by at his first Orpheus parade in New Orleans, Louisiana.
13. I have a friend who calls me Grace. I call him Will. In Grace-like fashion, I constantly wonder whether I am THAT self-centered. Am I?
14. When I was in high school, I belonged to a club called The Grizzly Adams Club. I miss every single one of those kids. I still talk to two of them. I would still give my life/lung/kidney/ for any one of them.
15. I still care too much about what other people think about me.
16. Even though I enjoy my couch time, I ALWAYS feel like there are rarely enough hours in the day. As a result, I always feel rushed.
17. I feel uncomfortable when one of my students wants to hug me. I always place a piece of furniture inbetween myself and them.
18. I love the sun, but I don't want to look like a raisin. Not even a "Raisin in the Sun." Sorry for the literature throwback.
- Alex // e-mail
// 3:20 PM // comments